Lubricant question

I've got a question about the oil system of a 1.4 HDI engine (on a Peugeot

206). Is ther a system of kanals in a HDI motor to give oil to the cilinders under the pistons???? Or dit the oistons get oil direct from the crankshaft. I ask this question because i got a broken piston ring, without burning the big-end scale. The engine did not have not worked without having less oil or something like that.
Reply to
Hobby-Louis

Don't know the specific details on this engine, but normal practice is to have a small hole in the con rod at the big end. This gives a squirt of oil every revolution onto the cylender wall.

Reply to
brian