May be of interest

Yesterday my car was broken into whilst parked at Homebase Winchester and the Sat Nav system stolen ( my own fault, shouldn't have left it in the car but as I only expected to be 10 minutes I left it in ) However, it seems that the PUG is an easy car to break into, mine is a 406 Estate on a 02 plate. The lock was just pushed in and the door opened, the alarm did not go off, the thief just closed the door when he finished stealing and it locked, when I got back to the car I opened it with the electronic key. The Police told me that this is not an unusual theft. It seems these thieves sit in car parks such as this waiting for a likely target and knowing full well that you are going to be in the shop for some time break in, and steal whatever. So be warned, there are opportunist thieves out there.

Bryan

Reply to
Zoab

Sorry to hear your news, but I'm glad to hear that the Police know how these thieving little $%^*%$£ work , and where from, now they know all this you would like to think they might actually do something about it. But I suppose they are all to busy hiding in the back of vans in bushes with speed camera's

GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

Well you have to admit, that is more cost-effective. Who cares about crime, when there is such an easy way to rake in funds.

Reply to
Brian

A thief tried to pull the lock up on my 306 by pulling the door frame back but did not manage to get in .A determined thief will get in I suppose but I think my locks are ok.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Whilst I take your point Mike, and yes my car does have deadlocks, at least the damage to the car was minimal, had he smashed a window it would have been a different story. However as I said, it was my own fault for leaving the Sat Nav on view. I suppose these toe rags will always be on the lookout for an easy target to fund their drug habit or whatever, and on this occasion, I was the easy target.

Bryan

Reply to
Zoab

Hi Brian It's not your fault Brian, its the general way things are going down hill and the lack of punishment for the crime. I went to LA in December 2005 and woke up early one morning and went for a stroll, I was amazed at the amount of people who had parked cars up over night with cd players, mobile phones and sat nav systems on clear view to all. I suppose over in the USA you run the risk of a bullet if you get caught nicking a system out of a car but I bet the punishment over there is a lot tougher than it is here for theft. GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

No it wasn't your fault, any more than it was my fault someone opened my unlocked garage door and tried to nick my motorbike a few years ago. The bastards stole my 6 year old kids bike too. It was of no value to anyone just my son.

Reply to
Malc

Lets not be too hard on the Plod and I have no love of them.They are issued targets by fat Lefty senior officers fast tracked by governments on gender and race.The best applicant does not get in when this is imposed. Heard a noise late at night of someone trying to break in my business,after four hours they sent a WPC 5ft high and at least 16 stone,an armed robber would have laughed. Blame the higher ups,they want targets no matter where they get them. the whole system stinks and needs re-training. I will look after my own now,sod the law.

Reply to
Seafarer