Miles per gallon

Just wondering how many miles per gallon a 1905cc Diesel should be doing - The engines done 130,000 miles.

I get around 47 Miles to the gallon around town.

Fluke

Reply to
fluke

Sounds about right although you don't say whether turbo or not. I used to get about 47 mpg in a non turbo BX 1905cc engine combined mileage. i.e. 15 miles motorway, 5 miles town. In my 1905cc turbo Xantia I get about 45 on a 35mile motorway+ 5 mile urban trip. Of course it's considerably better on an open A road.

Reply to
Malc

It will of course depend on which car it is in. I used to get 47mpg on a long motorway run in my 405 TD estate, fully loaded.

Reply to
Brian