Mirror, mirror, on the door...

Some nice person broke the driver door mirror a couple of nights ago. Managed to repair everything but the glass is broken. Rang local Pug dealer, "what's the reg no please?" Why do you need that? - "there are 8 different possibilities". Gave number, "yes we have that one". So went to collect and yes, you've guessed, it was not the same. Car 307 SW late 02. Mirror has extra wide angle viewing with a dashed line down it to show where this starts. The one he had did not have this, and was a flatter glass too, giving a much narrower field of view. You must have an odd mirror I was told. So we went into their car park and looked. All the 307 mirrors were the same as mine. On looking more carefully at their parts list, Autralian models seem to have different mirrors. Does anyone know if they are not allowed to have the wide angle bit on the Aus models? I think that Pug have got their descriptions crossed perhaps. In the mean time, I have no mirror.

Reply to
Brian

Halfords have a good range of replacement mirror glasses. Probably a fraction of the Pug price as well.

Reply to
Dave Wilson

Yes I know, but you lose the heater element. However, that will be the next port of call. The glass alone from Halfords is around £7 IIRC, Pug's price for the fitting clip, heater element and glass is £13.20

Reply to
Brian

The dealer should be able to get the part number by looking it up on the microfiche thing. Last time I remember they had exploded diagrams on there with all the alternatives.

Reply to
Phil Cook

Yes he had the part number for what should have been correct for my car, but it was not. He is now trying to get one of the alternatives.

Reply to
Brian