My Pug doesnt like leaving the motorways!

Hi guys

After battling with idle issues for a while now, my 205 1.6 GTI is running well, and rarely cutting out. However, once it has had a stretch on the motorway, of even 5-10 minutes or so, at speeds of

70-90, and I pull off onto a slip road, or stop at a roundabout etc, the second im coming to a halt, the car cuts out, and i have to start the car again. Once this has happened, the car isnt happy stopping whenever, and will cut out on all future stops for the rest of the journey.

Is this just my car?s way of telling me that it loves the motorway and hates the smaller roads, or is there a deeper problem?

Also, the Gary-boy who had the car before me has replaced the peugeot air-filter with some fancy performance air filter. Probably just for looks more than anything, because there are areas on it where it looks like pipes should be going in of or out of, and they have simply been taped up. Im worried about this, and am starting to think it may have something to do with the cars unpredictable idleing and random cutting out.

If anyone has any thoughts on this, id really appreciate it if you send em this way.

Cheers

Joe

Reply to
Blatant

the 205 GTi just loves small curved roads, i happen to think it was especially designed for that.

is the fuel line clean, does the fuel pump actually bring the fuel to the moterbay? replacing the fuel filter is cheap and easy

taped up ducts and pipes are never a good sign,

do the brakes funtions wel ( not a stif pedal etc) i.e. does the braking system has its vacuum?

is air weigting system working?

Reply to
Marc