New roof to a 205 CTi, anybody done it?

Hi,

this year my summer project will be to put a new roof on the CTi after it had been cut some time ago and we now finally moved to a neighbourhood that allows for the repaired roof to stay in that condition for some time. My plan is to replace the outer layer only (or get a whole roof assembly from a scrappy). I will be going for fabric instead of the original vinyl. After the outer layer is removed, I want to patch the inner layer, need to practice surgical knots anyhow, so why not do it on my car?

Has anybody done this before? Is there a good source for well-fitting roofs, preferrably in Germany?

Do I need any special tools to do it? What kind of glue am I supposed to use?

And some good news:

After the timing-belt-incident, car runs still perfect, gas-consumption is at about 8.3 litres to 100km, which it was before.

Cheers

Norman

Reply to
Norman Anthes