No one wants to tell me

Hi I posted this a week or so ago, I know it may sound stupid but no one replied and I don't know how to test if it has actually been fixed.

I had an issue with my Auto volume, they (Peugeot Dealers) have told me that it wasn't set up properly, and that they have now fixed it, but what I want to know is there a way I can test it for example set the volume to zero and will it increase and if it does turn up the volume does it show it on the display ect ect are there any settings I need to set (apart from making sure I have the Auto volume switched on of course) I still seem to have to manually turn up the volume.

Reply to
Robert Lampard

The volume increases without anythign showing on the display, you could be drowning out the radio with the different road noises from the road surface. Try driving along a tarmac road and testing it there; it should reduce the road noise enough to let you hear the volume change. But remember the volume doesn't change that much with speed i.e. from about 5 to 10 by going from 25 to 50 MPH by my ear I reckon it only goes up 2 maybe 3 points for every doubling in speed. I usually stick it at 7 or 8 and raise it manually if I am going over a concrete road surface.

Renault's system is better because you CAN set how fast the volume changes not just wether or not it varies with road speed.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dugan

Life..... don't talk to me about life! my car still needs me to turn a key to make it start.

Reply to
djimbo

Clockwork???

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

I used to find the nest way to detect the auto-volume was to listen for it reducing on decelleration, rather than the other way round.

Choose a nice empty motorway slip road and depress the cluth at the top to reduce engine noise. Then listen carefully as you brake to a halt fairly quickly.

Nik

Reply to
Nik

Isn't that stretching it a bit! ;o)

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

OK so I bought the car from a character with a pointy blue hat with a bell on the end who kept nodding his head a lot. BUT the yellow colour scheme with red bumpers really is an eye-catcher.

Reply to
djimbo