noise

Well i dont know what to do.had this 405 in for new belt, fan belt well replaced the belt because it was making a noise.rattle and not gripping pulleys.this was 4 weeks ago,now it has started again,so this time i am going to replace the belt again and the lolly pop tensoir which i think might do it , if any body got any replys over this please feel free to reply.

Reply to
Chris

i used to have a similar problem with a series 3 land rover. I used to change the belt and like you say within a few weeks it was making a noise again. What was suggested to me in the end was to try a different make of belt. This did the trick and no more noise problem. So if you change it again, try another make, you might be lucky. GGJ

Reply to
GGJ

Thanks for the reply.found out that not many ppl make this type of belt (v groove) 6 ribbed , i had no problem last time getting one for the same car but this time well it was like trying to get gold from them.

Reply to
Chris