oil

Hi Group. Has anybody used Fully Synthetic in a Diesel engine? i would only use this oil in petrol engines only.so please reply. if u have used it and the diesel engine is still running. chris Addlestone Surrey

Reply to
Chris

My local merc dealer puts fully synthetic in my c222 cdi engine.

I think the use of fully synthetic or semi synthetic is more to do with the age of your engine.as the older engines were not designed for these oils which can be much thinner at start-up.

alec

Reply to
Alec

Chris wrote in news:20060414152129.634cf931 @isis:

My mate used it all the time is his brand new 205 DT. He used to drain it out and put the Dino oil back in before a service, then reuse the synthetic stuff because it was still clear. The Dino stuff went black after a few humdred miles and the synthetic lasted thousands of miles before it coloured. He swore by synthetic, I think it was Millers. This stuff

Peugeot dealership he used was in Dunfermline and the one time I went up with him to pick up his car, I heard the comment that his car was cleaner in all ways when it came in than it was when it went back out. If you popped the lid and looked at the engine, it was shiny as per Military shiny. He is in the Navy after all.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Any pug from 2003 onward can use fully synthetic oil. Before that best to use semi. That's what we do at our dealership.

Reply to
nigel

To all the people that replyed, thank you. Iam going to stick to diesel engine oil.as the engine has got high mileage(250437) and it still gos very well i think it is because it gets serviced every 6 months and i am allways changeing the filters. =46rom a Very happy Peugeot owner, Chris Addlestone Surrey

Reply to
Chris