oil filler 405 petrol

HI has anybody got any ideas how i can safely get the oil filler cap off, its black plastic with breather tubes coming off it, and it looks like its a new filler, but its not secured to anything so i can't use to much force and not sure where on the cap i can try to ease the top off.

Please Help... Thank you

Reply to
lee405 via CarKB.com

When I had my first 405 in 1991 (a 1.6 litre petrol engine) I had the same problem. The easy answer was to drive up to a Peugeot agent's workshop and ask the guys in there how it was removed. They were quite happy to come out and show me. The method was a sharp upward blow using the heel of the palm. But if you are unsure I recommend asking the nice man at the agents.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks