Oil Presure ?.

What is the correct oil presure on a 1994 306 xsi 2.0 ltr ?.

I think I need a new presure sensor because when i start the car (hot or cold) the presure display on the dashboard jumps to max 8 bar if i turn the car off and on again i`ll get 6 bar on/off again i`ll get 4 bar?.

when driving about 70 mph the engine will be at +/-4000 rpm, oil presure sometimes is 8 bar but mostly between 6-7 bar.

Is this normal ?. Do i need a new sensor or is a new filter and oil change enough.

Thanks Bren

Reply to
bren via CarKB.com

turbo not working no noises no smoke still runs ok but no power any ideas anyone

DEREK BARLOW

My 807 played the same trick quite a while ago. Actually having left it for a couple of days it was OK again and the dealer reckoned that something in the electronics had a panic attack and thought that the boost pressure was getting too high so it opened the wastegate. IIRC they said there was software fix for some models, but not at that time for the 807 so they changed the turbo under warranty and it's been OK since.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson