OT: Speed Cameras

Off topic but hey, they affect us all in the end. Just wondering if anyone knows roughly how long it takes the Police to activate a camera from the moment it has been set up. I reckon I got caught by a TruVelo one that has been there less than 2 weeks.

Cheers,

Rob Foster

Reply to
Robin Foster

Maybe you'll get a prize for being their first customer?

Reply to
Steve Walker

In message , Robin Foster wrote

I am reliably informed by Mr A Plodder that it takes between 6 and 24 hours.

Reply to
Derek Tree

Twas Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:01:26 +0100 when "Steve Walker" put finger to keyboard producing:

Yes, a discount maybe ?

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mr.niceATsofthome.nethttp://community.webshots.com/user/mrnice106___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Or a BOGOF?

Reply to
Jo Ling

Twas Thu, 17 Jul 2003 23:27:36 +0100 when "Jo Ling" put finger to keyboard producing:

That would be a dirty trick..

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mr.niceATsofthome.nethttp://community.webshots.com/user/mrnice106___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

like hiding cameras behind signs and trees?

Oh no, what have I started? :D

-- Ryan Gillett Peugeot 205 XS 1.4 TU3S Carb

Reply to
Ryan Gillett

Try this link. you can see if you have been caught and can even see the photo

Mark Bailey

Reply to
Mark Bailey

In message , Mark Bailey wrote

What can one say? I nearly soiled a pair of perfectly good chinos. Excellent site :-)

Reply to
Derek Tree

I think one of the worst cameras at the moment has to be the SPECS cameras. You can spot them as they're often on blue upside-down L-shaped posts with the SPECS logo

on. Problem is, they look just like normal CCTV cameras. They position them at mile intervals and they measure your AVERAGE speed by reading your number plate. So you can't slow down for them then speed up.

I think these are good for bringing down the average speed of drivers', but everyone knows what a Gatso camera looks like, but I suspect many people don't even know these cameras apart from normal CCTV cameras.

MS

Reply to
Marcus Sheen [UK]

Hello,

I read an article about these cameras when they were entering in prototypes tests phase. Interesting though, as here they still measure the instant speed. Our "worst speedtrap" is the Sagem IR binoculars : able to "shoot" you at

700m (~2,100ft), but usually used at 400m (1,200ft). Oh, forgot to mention : they even can measure the velocity of a man walking (even if there's no risk).

Regards, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr snipped-for-privacy@ironmaiden.com

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

In article , Marcus Sheen [UK] writes

Thanks for the picture of the speedcheck logo :-) The Specs info is available from the speedcheck homepage.

Anybody know what the specs like stuff is on the side of the M1 just South of Nottingham? Been there a while - several white poles with specs like sidepods but no camera's.

Also on the subject of Specs - it';s been so successful in cutting speeds on the NOttingham ringroad that it's not making any money and they can't afford to deploy any more :-)

Reply to
Mike Buckley