P205 new tyres (englisch), nieuwe banden (dutch)

hello all I have a 205 and need new tyres The first ones were Michelin but made the steering from parking quiet hard but they lasted many miles The next pair are uniroyal nice and easy steering but they wear fast.

I think my question is cleear: What tyres would you recommend which last for ever and give easy steering?

Price is of course very important it is getting a little old see. THX, very much for your interest

jacq

Hallo iedereen, ik ben de fiere bezitter van een P205 en heb nieuwe banden nodig!!! De eerste die er op zaten waren Michelin, ze gingen lang mee maar stuurden zwaar bij het parkeren. De tweede zijn uniroyals die soepel sturen ook uit stilstand maar snel slijten.

ik denk dat de vraag duidelijk is: Welke banden raad je mij aan. Het is een ouder wagentje, dus is de prijs wel erg belangrijk.

Bedankt om eens te lezen... en voor uw eventuele suggestie.

Jacq

Reply to
p205fan

Hello,

I assume a petrol, non PAS car. Well, I'd stick to Michelin. I recommend Michelin Energy XT1, hard compound, slow wearing. Good on dry roads, brilliant on wet road. That's what I use on my 205D, before I had Classic at front (OK, too), MXT at back (original equipment), then changed MXTs (worn) for XT1. Finally XT1s @ front when Classics worn out.

My best advice would be to have XT1s all around the car. I expect doing over

35000 miles with front tires - Classic lasted not less than 30,000 miles (perhaps a bit more, they were on the car when I bought it), with not always cool driving.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

You really can't beat the old MXT!

Couldn't quite stretch to XT1s as replacements though, so went for BF Goodrich tourings, seem pretty good so far - made by michelin too....

Reply to
Chris

my personal preference is pirelli p6000's becuase they drive and handle well

Reply to
Mindwipe

Hello,

True, that's what I guess, too. Having to cope with no more MXTs available (if it was the case, I would have kept them, of course), I guess the XT1 all around gives the most homogenous response on a 205D - even on wet road - for the use I have (road, average speed motorways, not a sporty use).

I know. My brother ran some BF at front of his car (205DTurbo), he was pretty happy with them, excepted on the wet, where they don't "show" the limit.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Hi Jeff,

But possibly don't last long. Pirelli rules :-)

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Yep, I have a combination of P6000 & P600 (P6000 has a water channel down the middle so I have them on the front) - they transformed the handling of my Pug and are lasting well.

Matt

Reply to
Matt