Partner HDI fuel problems (rev up to a max. 2,300 rpm)

Peugeot Partner 2.0 Diesel HDi.

The engine will only rev up to a maximum of 2,300 rpm. Its like it is limited at 2,300. The only way to stop it is to switch off a few times and restart it. Sometimes it is ok for a few days, other times I can?t clear it at all. I have tried taking the battery off to reset the ECU, but no joy. I suspect it is either an ECU problem or something to do with the fuel supply? When it does do it and I switch off the engine appears to run on for a few seconds, could this be a clue?

Does anyone have any idea whats going on with this car>? Could anyone please point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Reply to
Isac