Pegt 309GL - HORN & BEAM wont work...?

Hi everyone,

My 309GL - cost £100 - brilliant car..

but

when i have the head lights on i cant use the horn or Flash the main beam???

Help appr4eciated

Peter

Reply to
peter

Do they work ok when the headlights are off? Sounds like either a knackered switch or something is grounding where it shouldnt when the lights are on. You wont be able to momentarily flash the main beams like you can when the lights are off, they will only toggle on and off, but I dont think thats what you meant.

-- Andy

Reply to
stealthf0x

I used to have a 309 (and a 205 with almost identical stalks) and I would second suggest that it's likely to be a knackered switch. You can open them up once you get them out (remove plastic from underside of steering column first) and there wil be a surprising amount of crud inside!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hodges