Peug.407 - Depollution faulty

Peugeot 407 SW, 2.0 HDi

Every few days im getting this message, 'Depollution faulty' and few seconds later new message appears 'speed control system faulty' It happends shortly after starting the engine. When it happends engine loses strenght and max speed is about 60 km/h, or even dont accepts aceleration no more. Then I have to stop and switch engine off and on and then is OK.

Recently I reported that problem to my Peugeot dealer and they changed something but it happends again.

Anyone else had the same problem?

P.S. sorry for bad english

Reply to
ace

It sounds as though the turbo wastegate is opening because the control system thinks things are going wrong and the turbo pressure is too high. This happened on my 807 and the turbo had to be changed, but I believe it can be sorted nowadays with a software download. Someone who really knows will probably be along to tell you soon...

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

Hi , "depollution faulty" is being shown because the vehicle may be emitting pollutants outside of man spec .Everything now is geared towards emissions. (I.e. an ignition misfire will bring this message too ).This can be due to any number of things.IN your case and your engine (2.0) 136 bhp dw10bted4 engine some of the most common problems are

A) turbocharger itself.It has a repeat position sensor on it basically what it does is tell the engine ecm the actual position of the turbo vanes (hall effect)-These jam up/partially seize .New turbo as you can't get them seperate. B)Turbocharger control soleniod valve .suffer from water ingress hence loss of efficency.Early ones were poor anyway (have date stamp on them) c) Actual vacuum control to turbo can be low .(Too many causes to list!)

My bet is the turbo itself.But when you take it to the dealership im sure the master tech will give you a 100% diagnoses ...

hope it gets fixed soon mark

Reply to
markmtbanks