Peugeot 106 1.5d 1999. Leak in foot wells, soaked carpets

I have a serious leakage in the drivers side front and rear foot wells. I first nticed it in the rear a few weeks ago but after recent heavy rain it has been soaked in the front and back.

I have checked all the rubber seals around the doors and they are all in good condition, the grill below the windscreen is clear of debris and no water is gathering there, and the 2 gromits in the middle of the front and rear footwells are both there.

Anyone else had this problem and resolved it? Any ideas of anything else worth checking?

Reply to
the_raisenator

Best way to test it is sit in the car and run ahose pipe over the doors that side or use a watering can. chris addlestone surrey.

Reply to
Chrs

Thanks for the suggestion Chris. I tried soaking it with hose but i couldn?t spot any leaks. I think the leak is coming from underneath cos it is only the floor that is wet and not the carpets which are up the sides. Any more ideas?

"the_raisenator" wrote: > I have a serious leakage in the drivers side front and rear > foot wells. I first nticed it in the rear a few weeks ago but > after recent heavy rain it has been soaked in the front and > back. > > I have checked all the rubber seals around the doors and they > are all in good condition, the grill below the windscreen is > clear of debris and no water is gathering there, and the 2 > gromits in the middle of the front and rear footwells are both > there. > > Anyone else had this problem and resolved it? > Any ideas of anything else worth checking?

Reply to
the_raisenator

Try the hose pipe under the car. you might find a little hole under there. chris addlestone

Reply to
Chrs

I have the same problem with my daughters 96 pug 106, apart from a tiny leak from the roof ariel (fix with leak n seal), if you remove the plastic from the base of the windscreen you will find a small rubber grommet between the plastic water deflector and the wiper spindle, replace it (at least the drivers side one) because the ruddy blower air intake resides RIGHT UNDERNEATH THE DRIVERS WIPER SPINDLE, so any water dribbles past falls straight in to the blower as its only covered with a crude plastic mesh to trap leaves, goes straight into the orofice and then down the accelerator peddle and into the foot well and that my friend is a really bad design fault!! A piece of plastic or lino curved over the airwell and apoxyed into place should stop this happening again. The actually spindle is fitted to a bracket above the inner scuttle and smack bang over said airwell , ps if the other guy with the leak from the back end is reading this she had water ingress from the offside light where the rubber seal had aged and distorted, a thick smear of petroleum jelly does the trick here or wet the rubber with leak n seal to make it stick to the metalwork behind the lamp. :

"the_raisenator" wrote

Reply to
tonyholbury