Peugeot 106 Speedo stopped working

I've got a 1999 Quicksilver and the speedo has stopped working. Is the speedometer motor or cable driven as I cannot find a cable for the life of me? ?? Can anyone help?

Reply to
axfordk

axfordk

I'm guessing electronic if you can't find the cable and it's 1999. My

1998 306 is electronic and the speedo stopped working recently too (see earlier threads!). D
Reply to
David Hearn

My '96 106 is electrically driven so I am sure yours will also be. The sensor is located on the top of the differential housing at the back of the gearbox. You might just have a bad connection there, try unplugging it, a spray with WD40, and replug.

Reply to
Brian

However, I believe the speed sensor is also used by the ECU and is used to update the trip counter and mileage display. If these are both working, then it suggests the issue is with the instruments, rather than the sensor.

David Hearn

That might be true for these newfangled cars with ECUs, my '96 1.5 Diesel doesn't have such a thing. The OP also did not say if the odometer still worked or not.

Reply to
Brian