Peugeot 205 Diesel Battery Problem

Hi all,

I?m wondering if someone can help with the following problem?

I went to change my battery today and without paying too much attention disconnected the terminal leads. When i went to re-connect them to the new battey, i noticed that the postive terminal connector had two wires from it; one that goes to the starter motor and a yellow plastic covered 5mm copper lead that was a foot long and had obviously corroded over time and was disconnected.

I cannot now get any power to my car and i don?t know where this cable from the postive battery terminal is supposed to go. THe negative terminal has two cables, both earth, one to the chasis, one to the engine block.

Does anyone know where this yelllow copper 5mm cable is supposed to be connected? Me and a few mates have looked but have no idea.

Any help is appreciated,

Nick.

Reply to
mrnicknick

I would have thought it would go to the fusebox as it's the live feed for the car electrics and ignition system. The other single lead only powers the starter motor, so find the fuse/relay box under the bonnet and check the connections there. You should have one niceley corroded terminal with a small ammount of shiny metal showing where the connector broke off.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dugan