Peugeot 205 Mardi Gras 1.8 TD Front Brake Part Compatibility Problem

Peugeot 205 Mardi Gras 1.8 TD Front Brake Part Compatibility Problem

Hi,

Please help me! I currently have vented front brake disks which are

21mm wide.Unfortunately my callipers only extend to 48mm leaving insufficient room for the 18mm brake pads reccomended by all suppliers i contacted. I found some smaller pads with the same shape unfotunately these are still 15mm and so do not fit in the callipers.

Does anyone know what solution would be best. Shall i fit callipers from another model which extend further or can i just replace the disks with non vented ones? My prefered option is to replace the disks with solid ones. Does anyone think this will cause any problems?

Does anyone know which components were used for the vehicle when it was new?

Thankyou in advance for your help!

Reply to
devonmark

Do you believe the vented discs to be original equipment? The listing at

seems to show solid discs for the 1.8TD.

Maybe someone has fitted vented discs, not changed the caliper and continued to use part worn pads?

Just a theory.

Good Luck

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Thanks for your response. I think you're right. The vented disks must have been fitted at a later date. I have spoken to my local peugeot dealler this morning and once again he was reccomending that i fit vented disks. When I explained the problem he also thought it unlikely that anyone would have changed the calipers only to use part worn pads and accepted that a solid disk would work.

Thanks again for your input.

Reply to
devonmark