Peugeot 206 Clutch (Cable)

I have a W reg 206. One day I was driving an as I put my foot on the clutch i heard a ratchet clicking sound on the pedal and could not get gears. After pumping the pedal the clicking stopped and I got the gears again. The cable seems intact. I havent driven it since. Does the cable need changing. Is there an adjuster under the pedal

Reply to
ICEB

Sounds like the ratchet needs looking at ,maybe it is wearing on one part?

Reply to
Chrs