peugeot 206 service code

can anyone help ?

i have just serviced my 206 1.1 lx year 2000, can anyone tell me how to remove the spanner symbol next to the mileage on the dash. i believe there is a code that has to be put in but i dont know the code or how or where you enter the code.

thx in advance

Reply to
redhotmax

I should imagine you'd need to talk to a main dealer who would then plug their computer into your EMS. That said, I can't imagine any of them being prepared to sign off your own servicing.

Reply to
A.N.Other

Locate the button on the instrument panel that zeros the trip meter. With the ignition off, press the button and hold it down while turning on the ignition. You will see a countdown from 10. When it reaches zero, let go of the button and switch the ignition off. Then switch it back on and the spanner will be gone.

Reply to
nigel

brilliant, just been out and tried it. much appreciated nigel. This could prove a very useful website.

Reply to
redhotmax

You could have found the same information in your owner's handbook on page

  1. Peter

Reply to
Peter

True. And on Ebay there is someone selling this information for 99p!!! And presumably there are people buying it. Strange.

Reply to
nigel

Hi,

Yeah, I wouldn't sell that, but it's some kind of "easy money".

Regards, G.T

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T