Peugeot 306 1.4 Oil Leak

I have a nasty oil leak coming from the top of my engine, same side as cam belt. Does anyone have any idea where this might be coming from and how it can be fixed? It?s made such a mess it?s impossible to see where it?s actually leaking. Just wondered if this was a common problem with an easy solution..?

Thanks...

Reply to
keicokat

The most common cause in any TU engine is the rocker cover gasket. It goes hard and cracks and leaks. Other than that it could be the head gasket. That normally goes in the timing belt cover area. Or the camshaft oil seal.

Reply to
nigel

"nigel" wrote: > On 2 May 2005 10:38:08 -0500, keicokat > > wrote: > > >I have a nasty oil leak coming from the top of my engine, > same side as > >cam belt. Does anyone have any idea where this might be > coming from > >and how it can be fixed? It?s made such a mess it?s > impossible to see > >where it?s actually leaking. Just wondered if this was a > common > >problem with an easy solution..? > >

Thanks, I will try rocker cover gasket - hopefully that?s what it will be. :lol:

Reply to
keicokat