Peugeot 306 1.8 Meridian STOP light

The last couple of days I have noticed the STOP light just above the steering wheel coming on.

I have checked the Oil level and that is fine.

I have also noticed that the radiator fan seems to stay on for a few minutes after I have stopped (although it has been quite warm recently) although the temp has not really gone up much. The Air Con has recently packed up though (new condenser apparently needed??)

So is this STOP light just a fluke or the sign of something more serious.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Michael Roche

Check the brake and steering fluid levels. These are both monitored.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

We had a very similar issue with a meridian on a V plate. Tunred out to be a bad connection somewhere in the tempererature sensor wiring causing the stop light to come on and the aircon to not work. It went away for a while when I cleaned (i.e. fiddled with) every connector I could find under the bonnet, but the garage tracked it down in the end.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hodges