Peugeot 306 indicator and hazard light problems?

Hi there,

My indicators and my hazard lights are not working on my 1995 model xnd

306.

I thought that the problem was due to the indicator relay which is located under the steering wheel near the fuse box so I bought a replacement relay but the indicators and the hazards still do not work!

Occassionally the indicators and hazards start working again for a day or longer but then they stop working again.

I cant really afford to take the car to a garage so am hoping I can sort it myself.

Can anyone help me at all? Any ideas?

Reply to
laura_jo_brown

sounds like a loose wire probly the one under one of the wings, put each indicator on and wiggle the wires.then u will be able to see which one it is .. chris addlestone surrey.

Reply to
Chris

Well I have just been out fiddling with the wires under the bonnet and as far as i can reach under the dashboard without taking the whole dash board out but the indicators etc are still not working.

Could it have anything to do with the switch attached to the indicator? Because when the indictors first stopped working if i pushed the indicator lever further up they would work ok. Sorry if i am not making any sense I know absolutely bogour all about cars!

Reply to
laura_jo_brown

your making sense have you tryed wd40 spray a bit down into the switch it might do the trick. chris addlestone surrey.

Reply to
Chris

Proper electrical contact cleaner (available from your local motor accessories shop) would be better.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

Well Ill try wd40 or get some electrical contact cleaner but if that does not work then i will let you both know.

Thanks for the help

Reply to
laura_jo_brown

one of them sprays got to do som thing.

Reply to
Chris

my 206 did something similar - the connector had come apart from under the steering cowl and a quick snap together and all was well.

Reply to
tom