Peugeot 306 Radio problems

About two months ago the buttons on my radio face stopped working. The radio was on and working fine in that sense but none of the buttons would work so I couldn?t change the channel, volume, turn it off etc. I could change volume and frequency with the control stick by the steering wheel but that was it.

Last week, my battery went dead and I had to get my car jumpstarted. Since then, the radio has been permanently off. As none of the buttons work I can?t turn it on so i?m stuck with no use of my radio. Not sure why, loose connection or something?

If anyone has any ideas let me know. It?s not asking for a code so it?s not a security issue i don?t think. Just don?t want to get conned by a dealer who charges me for a brand new radio.

Reply to
hertyid

buttons

conned

I take it the stick doesn't have an on/off switch and the buttons on the front are the only way to turn it on?

Does the radio have one of the removeable fascia panels? If so you could try cleaning the contacts with e.g. alcohol and a toothbrush. If the display is still working it could be just one or two contacts that aren't connecting properly.

If it's a built-in fascia and it's out of warrenty, you could pull the radio out and pop the cover off. Look for a printed/ribbon cable or connector coming from the display/control board at the front, into the main circuit board. If you can, disconnect it and clean the contacts, plug it back in and try again.

Hope this is some use Andy

Reply to
stealthf0x