Peugeot 306 service light

I have had my last service done on my car by a professional but not at a peugeot garage (as overpriced as they are). Is there a way of resetting the service light myself that anyone knows of ????

Reply to
Jimbob

Yea never buy another 306, or another Peugeot come to that matter, they are utter crap!

Reply to
Neo

There is a button on the instrument console that zero's the trip display (Miles or Km or odometer)

With the ignition OFF, press and hold this button. Whilst holding this button, turn the ignition ON. A 10 Second countdown should appear in the trip display, after it reaches '0' release the button.

The service indicator should now be reset.

Jeb

Reply to
John Bone

cheers jeb i'll give it a go

Reply to
Jimbob

each second represents 1,000 miles if you held it down for 5 secs it would tell you you had 5,000 miles till the next service and not 10,000

...pointless bit of info for you!

;o)

Reply to
Mark

Rubbish!!! On the early non-mux cars, which the 306 is, if you let go of the button before the end of the 10 seconds, it toggles between petrol and diesel service intervals (20K or 12K).

Reply to
Nigel

On my '98 306 diesel you don't push the button you pull it out a bit. Same procedure otherwise though.

Reply to
VulcanXH558

Cheers mate your a diamond............... Did it for the full 10 and it worked nice one.......... And that last bit of info was not pointless it is cracking speak to you later and thanks again

Reply to
Jimbob

And i nearlly forgot........... Cheers for the advice NEO you tool !!!!

Get out of the peugeot newsgroups you geek, if you dont like em F*** off !!!

Reply to
Jimbob