Peugeot 306 sony head unit stalk connector

No doubt this question has been asked and answered many times but I have just replaced my factory fitted clarion unit on my 1996 Peugeot 306 to a sony cdx-s2200 mp3 player, I purchased a auto lead to convert the stalk control to work with the sony unit, which i connected up last night but cant seem to get it to work. everything else works fine, but dont get any response from using the stalk controls is there any special way of connecting this convertor or does it only work on certain sony units??. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Roy Austin via CarKB.com

Try disconnecting and reconnecting the power connector.

Sometimes the head unit will only see the control stalk when it is first powered up. If you plug the power connector in first it will search for the control stalk, and not find it. It will only search again for a contol stalk when the the power to the unit is disconnected and reconnected again.

Give it a try, hope it works

Richard

Reply to
RooMonster

Have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the power supply but still no response from the stalk controls. from the smart lead adaptor apart from the main sockets there is one single red cable with some sort of push connector, does this need to be connected?? ?

Reply to
Roy Austin via CarKB.com