Peugeot 306XT - Electrical problem (Wiring from A-pillar -> drivers door)

Hi

I'm having trouble with my 1993 Peugeot 306 1.8XT. The wiring from the drivers door to the A-pillar is broken. (9 wires teared off, the rest almost teared off)

I need to know the pin layout of the 23 pin plug used. Looked through the Haynes manual, but no luck. Went to my local Peugeot dealer, but the mechanic insisted on that they did not have a diagram, and had to measure each pin to find it out.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice,

Regards Asle Eriksen

Reply to
Asle Eriksen

Your Pug dealer is right. Use a ohmmeter to find out which wire goes to which pin. Colour doesn't matter on a Pug car. Each wire has a number on it.

Reply to
Nigel

Except if they are torn off he can't tell :-(

Are the connectors for the left and right doors identical, a mirror image or entirely different?

Reply to
Phil Cook

Phil Cook wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Thanks for replying.

I havent disconnected the other connector, But I suspect it's a bit different. No controls for the opposite window for starters.

But I'll diconnect it just to make sure. It sure looks similar viewed from the exterior.

btw: The numbers are readable on the torn cable, but there's no corresponding number on the other end as far as I know. Anyone seen the numbering other places on the cables? (Not just on the first inch of cable from the connector)

Reply to
Asle Eriksen

Are you actually fitting a new loom, or repairing your existing wiring?

Reply to
Nigel
*SNIP*

Sorry for not answering before, I had a timing belt breakdown on my other car aswell. (A Chrysler Grand Voyager 2.5 TD)

I got the spare part from my pug dealer. And managed to find out of the cables thanks to the norwegian importer.

Originally I intended to solder the wires, but I found it to be a bad idea. To many wires broken, and the soldered part would break quickly becouse it would be to stiff.

The exchange part had almost 100cm of wires. This time numbered, and colour coded. (Improvements do happen)

If it could be of interes to others, I could post the pin layout of the plug here.

Asle

Reply to
Asle Eriksen