peugeot 307 hdi not starting after replacing fuel filter

hi i have a peugeot 307 1.6 hdi diesel running perfectly today ive replaced the fuel filter now car wont start ive also lost my radio my wipers my car blow heater the electric windows have also stopped the horn works as dose the lights horn indicators however on the display its stating economy mode can any one help please

Reply to
alecnd

Did you get any thing under the bonnet wet? or did you do it under cover? sounds like u got a fuse gone so check all the fuses first find the main fuse which goes to the starter motor but it sounds like you got it wet.good luck.

Reply to
Chris

Since when have starter motors been fuse fed?

Reply to
Lord Shiva

i fix most mechanical issues myself but it appears that this may be a electronic problem as i stated some of the electrics are fine however som are not the car has ample fuel and the battery is throwing the engine over easily can it be a b s i unit problem if so how do i resolve it the bsi is the built in systems interface

Reply to
alecnd

One big fuse which puts(or lets power to the key)

Reply to
Chris

I doubt if it's a BSI problem

Reply to
Lord Shiva

A 300+ Amp fuse?

Reply to
Lord Shiva

I think Chris is referring to the power to the relay rather than the starter itself. However it is a moot point as the OP says the engine is "throwing over".

Reply to
Keith W

From Chris' post.

Reply to
Lord Shiva

O.K O.K i got it wrong.i have seen this too many times , one min it plays up next time it will work.have u checked your stop solenoid on top of the pump?you might of knocked it ,check that you got power to the glow plugs, if not feed the first one from batt to plug then turn her over ,2nd thing check all the wires on the batt,and the fuse box to see if any thing looks out of place.

Reply to
Chris

Hi,

No way, there's none on these all-electronically controlled Diesel. It's like a petrol injection...

Adding my 2 pence : economy mode could occur if the door stayed opened for

30 minutes. Has the OP tried to run the electric pump at least 5 times before attempting to start ? It's necessary to bleed air and fill the fuel circuit. IIRC, most recent HDi's have a priming pump very similar to the ones fit to late XUDs, which isn't the case of the older HDi's with Bosch system.

HTH,

-- G.T

Reply to
G.T