Peugeot 307HDI wont start

Any ideas please?

Everything seems fine until I turn the key. The starter motor turns over and seems to fire up but then dies straight away.

The engine warning light remains lit afterwards too. Ive checked the fuses (which was fun! Damn tiny corner of a Glove box I ask you)and the engines fuse box too. No signs or trouble)

Anything else I can try ???

Reply to
FX51AGC

water in the deisel?? have you tryed and drained it to see.Air in system, Dirt in system,or fuel injectors fault,or incorrectly adjusted idle speed. hope some of these help. from Chris Addlestone Surrey

Reply to
Chris

This happened to a new one coming off the transporter at a friend's works, (company car). The solution was to disconnect the battery, leave for a few minutes, than reconnect. A hard reboot, as you would with any computer.

Reply to
Brian

We ought to have moved on from this nowadays. How about some sort of watchdog system that detects this sort of problem and sorts it out.

Actually that is a cop out. A watch dog ought to be a last ditch effort, but no excuse for not having one.

Pete

Reply to
Peter Chant

Thanks Guys.

I tried the reboot, and checking the fuel system / fuel. - no joy. I had to resort to a callout in the end.

Turns out the Camshaft Position sensor was at fault so the plot thickens. The car was only serviced 5 days before and the work done included a new rocker cover gasket. It appears that when the sensor was refitted it was mispositioned and the end has been worn away over the course of the last week. Once it failed it would no longer allow the engine to run. It would also explain the jittering rev meter that started acting up on Wednesday. Sound reasonable???

Reply to
FX51AGC

Yet another incompetant service place. I trust they are going to cover all your costs.

Reply to
Brian

Sounds likeley, but why did you have to get the rocker cover gasket replaced?

Chris (another one)

Reply to
Chris Dugan

Thats a very good question. THE GARAGE told me it needed doing, and I saw no reason to question them.

Incidentally - yes they did stand by their work. They recovered the vehicle at their own cost and replaced the sensor FOC. They have also offered to carry out some 'pending' work as compensation.

Reply to
Ian O'Dowd

Well, that's a lot better than many, see the post about 306 wiring loom - car written off. It's good to hear that some places still have the old values.

Reply to
Brian