Peugeot 405 T16 - tunning?

Hello!

Please, can anyone direct me where can I find out what modifications I can do on 405 t16? I'm mainly interested in engine upgrades. money is not a question.

Does enyone know what things can I upgrade? Turpocharger, ECU, intercooler...

Thanx

-- ======================= 'Cause I'm hella-cool, that's why!

Reply to
TomCat

Ooooh, have you got one ? They're NICE cars !

Where in the world are you ?

The Turbo is already a fancy variable-geometry unit - changing it for a bigger one is simply going to introduce more lag. As with any Turbo car, you can raise the power level by raising the boost level - but you need to do your research into what's safe.

Your best plan is to lower your intake temps - the cooler the intake, the denser the air, so the more air you can get into the engine. You want a huge front-mounted intercooler in the front bumper, etc.

or
will make you up a custom intercooler to fit. I'm pretty sure the T16 uses standard 405 brakes (double check this !) - so they're not really upto the job. The larger discs and calipers from the 306 GTI-6 are a straight swap.

Reply to
Nom

I'm from Zagreb, Croatia

So, You think I should just mount a bigger intercooler and change brakes, and not to replace turbo?

Reply to
TomCat

If you look on

(i think) at the brake fitments, the Turbo

405 seems to have a fitment of its own of slightly bigger. Of course, that might be bollocks :)
Reply to
DanTXD

Hi,

I'm surprised they sold T16s in Croatia. Bought in Croatia or imported from another country ?

Also I'm surprised you want to boost it up, 'cause up to 220HP under the right foot would be far enough for most drivers - 250KPH max speed, pretty well reached, IIRC !

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Hi,

It has "special" discs, diameter : 283mm, thickness 22mm when std 405s (including Mi16) has (or had) 266mm thickness 20.4mm. Both provided by Bendix.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Ah, it uses the standard GTi-6 discs already then (283mm x 22mm).

I had suspected as much, but I've read in the past about another T16 owner who had the standard discs on his - must have been a Friday Afternoon car :)

Reply to
Nom

Read the rest of the thread - it turns out that you've already got the 306 GTi-6 brakes, so there's no need to upgrade them. I wouldn't bother replacing the blower - any gains you see, will be at the expense of lag. Go the front-mounted-intercooler route.

Reply to
Nom

Long time no see, BTW !

Remember me from a few years back ? I've been away in Rover Turbo land, but I'm back with a 406 Coupe V6 :)

Reply to
Nom

Hi,

True !

Eeeek ! A friend of mine has a 620Si (2.2 petrol), posh looking, but would not replace a good Pug !

That *is* a nice car. I guess I'd get one if I had more money (quite cheap, £6500 for a '99 2.2 petrol for example). What have you done with your Mk2

405 GTX ?

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Hi,

Yes. They've got the same PN, indeed, hence the straight swap you mentionned.

Sure ! Damn, I still remember the white T16 I've seen once... The only one I saw, indeed... Was quite discreet (not that much difference with a standard Mi16, just 16" wheels), but the noise forced me to turn my head, and so I saw it was a T16. OK, OK, I don't have to force myself so much to turn head when there's a Pug I feel as being "special" in the street :-)

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

to all:

I have a budget of around 12000EUR that I want to spend on engine tuning (turbocharger, inercooler, camshaft, pistons, valves etc....) Does anyone know where on the internet should I look? Where can I find those things at one place? Thanx

-- ======================= 'Cause I'm hella-cool, that's why!

Reply to
TomCat

I part-exchanged it for the Rover 620 TI (2.0 16v Turbo). And then in January this year, I part-exchanged the Rover for my 2001 Coupe V6 SE - pics up at

if you're interested :)

Reply to
Nom

I think the rear spoiler's different too

standard spoiler doesn't have the flared ends, does it ?

Reply to
Nom

Hi,

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Hi,

Mmmm, sure it's not a Rover unit, who supplied the engine ?

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Yeah, it was a Rover engine. The Rover 600 is actually a Honda Accord underneath, and all the petrol-engined models use Honda engines, except the Turbo which uses Rover's T16 Turbo engine.

Reply to
Nom

Hi,

Indeed ? I thought they stopped doing engines themselves for ages ! And did it worth its 16v coupled to a turbocharger ? i.e, power ? Max speed ?

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

200bhp, 240Nm, 0-60 in 7s, 145mph are the standard figures. Mine was tweaked slightly from about 10psi to about 12psi though, so it'll have been slightly quicker.

It was great :)

The new Pug offers similar performance though - it does weigh a bit more (1400Kg+ whereas the Rover was about 1300Kg) but I've got 210bhp and 285Nm as standard now :)

Reply to
Nom

Hi,

Mmmmm, that sounds good :-) A bit slower than a T16 (160MPH max), but not that bad !

Sure, and certainly a far better acceleration figure.

Sure. Errr, and what about avg MPG when trashed ? :-) Oh, OK that's not a car you buy for economy, sure it was something like 15-20L for 60 miles.

Yeah. But the V6 is given for 210HP as standard, should give 207 BHP, considering that a HP is 736W when a BHP is 746W. OK, just looking for the little thing here, I don't wanna piss you off with all these figures :-)

Cheers, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T