peugeot 406 key fob.

Hi , i have just bought my wife a remote key fob for our 406 off e-bay. Anybody any idea how to switch/swap my wifes key from non remote fob to new remote fob. I`ve had a look at mine (remote fob) and cant see how the key stem comes out. Thanks for any info.!

Reply to
jazzy29

Sorry i forgot to say the remote fob is rf type (2 buttons and small red light) 1999 406! Thanks very much for help!

Reply to
jazzy29

Sounds like mine (I've a 99 406 as well). You remove the ring and there is a slot that takes a coin. Insert and twist. To put it back together is a snap fit. That is also how you replace the batteries (two in series).

Reply to
Keith Willcocks