Peugeot 406TD

Thinking of getting a Peugeot 406 1.9TD am currently driving a Peugeot

106 1.5D.(40-50MPG)

I would be grateful if anyone here could give me rough idea what MPG I could expect from 406 1.9TD the year of the car I am looking at is an N reg 95/96.

Thanks for any infomation given

Reply to
just4funUK

I get 50Mpg from a 2.1TD, most of the time

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

Diligent records of all fuel and mileage over six years with Citroen Xantia- same engine, averaged 44mpg. Mostly urban plus eighty miles each week rural and motorway. Towing the caravan reduced it to 30 mpg. DaveK

Reply to
davek

It won't be much different.

The 406 is a *much* nicer place to sit, so even if the fuel costs are slightly higher, you're getting something in return.

Reply to
Nom