peugeot 407

Hi All

anyone know if peugeot are thinking of bringing a 407 out if so when and what does it look like

Andy

Reply to
Andrew

Yep, its like the 307, except the fuel tank is by the engine!

So instead of the car catching fire, it blows up.

Reply to
Rich

Its still in the concept stage, though Peugeot have said the front end on the elixir will remain mostly unchanged to the final 407 production car.

Reply to
Dave

Here's a few spy shots of the saloon and estate in disguise. Wouldn't be surprised if the Elixir Concept surfaced as a 407 Coupe or similar.

It's in Russian, but you get the idea :)

Reply to
Ognat

Nice pics...any news on when its released in the UK? I'm thinking of buying a used 406 and I'm hoping they will get quite a lot cheaper when this comes out!

Thanks.

Reply to
Shaz

Reply to
John Banks

Here's some more linkage:

?id=16193

3 years away according to Auto Express. I have read elsewhere that it could be as soon as early next year however - I guess it'll get here when it's ready!

Not quite sure about that front end though... it looks like the lovechild of a 206 and an Audi A4...

:)

Reply to
Ognat

Surely it's got to be within a year. The 406 has been around since 1996, and waiting another 3 years for the 407 will really harm the Peugeot impact on the upper medium fleet market.

Friends who are company car driving user choosers avoid the 406 due to its failings against the new Mondeo, Vectra and C5. Falling residuals also mean it's not very cheap on the lease schemes.

Reply to
Doctor D.