Peugeot 807 Blocked front Washer Jets - Access to Wiper Blades

My Peugeot 807 (diesel) front washer jets seem blocked as the rear screen wash works OK but the front does not.

I want to try and unblock the holes with a pin but the wiper blades always disappear out of reach behind the black guard at the bottom to their park position and refuse stay at the top of the screen even of you turn off the engine part way through the wipe cycle. The onboard computer just keeps them going until they park fully.

How can you get access to the jets as the blades do not lift in their parked position and the jets are on the arm and NOT the removable blade.

Thanks

Graham

Reply to
Graham Brooker

Pull the relevant fuse?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Thanks Bob as I had missed the obvious solution. Shortly after I posted the question I realised the battery box is in the driver's foot well so I can pull the quick release battery clamp at the appropriate time. I shall try this tomorrow in daylight.

Thanks

Graham

Reply to
Graham Brooker

Hi,

It may well be like on my 206 : ignition off, give a move to the wipers control. They move and stop at the top position.

HTH,

Reply to
G.T

If the 807 has a BSI fitted I wouldn't go just pulling batt leads off as you can corrupt the software in the BSI unit there is a way of doing it .

dis-connects on Peugeot Citroen BSi units:

interior lights etc, close the doors leaving the drivers window open.

operate any equipment on the vehicle during this time. Remember, even opening the bonnet will wake the BSi on a vehicle fitted with alarm.

batteries can be dis-connected through the drivers window, remove floor cover first.

vehicles during the 3 minute waiting period.

carry out the following procedure, often referred to as a "soft re-boot", to minimise the possibility of the BSi corrupting its own software when reconnecting the vehicles battery supply.

importantly all BSi functions were switched off with the drivers window left down.

interior light is switched on,the internal operation of the BSi has the potential to spike or corrupt its configuration and software program......

Johno

Hi,

I agree with that, however the procedure given in my 206's user's manual (muxed model) is easier and not that different. What is not said is having the key in the pocket, in case the car would close by its own upon reconnection.

Quoted & translated from my manual (too lazy to look inside the UK manual) : "After reconnecting the battery, put ignition on and wait 1 minute before starting, in spite of initialize electronics. However, if some little problems still occur after that, please contact a Pug service center".

Needless to say that a battery disconnection (the 3 minutes rule) and reconnection should be the way to go at first.

Regards,

Reply to
G.T

If it's anything like my 307, the user manual should tell you how to park the wipers at the top position for blade changing. Definitely no need to disconnect the battery or pull a fuse!

Reply to
Godfrey Wilkes

On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 11:47:04 +0000, Johno wrote as

Scuse my ignorance but what is a BSI?!

Reply to
Charlie+

Details here >>

Johno

I sorted out my original windscreen wiper problem before reading the rest of this thread and am grateful for all comments. I had in fact pulled the battery connection to stop the wipers at the top and I also changed the battery (another issue altogether).

I knew nothing about the soft reboot procedure or the 3 minute rule.

I did however get an "engine immobiliser error" message (from both key fobs) when trying to start my car after re-connecting the battery. I have have never seen this message before when changing the battery. It seemed to disappear after a couple of minutes and both key fobs seem to work OK now. It worries me that a car that depends on software so much should be in jeopardy by a simple task such as changing the battery which his something I have done many times over the years. I will try and avoid buying such a complicated car in the future.

Is the immobiliser error a common problem and what can be done to avoid it in the future. If I ever had to change the battery in the key fob does anyone know how you re-program the pair of key fobs to work with the car again if anything goes wrong.

Regards

Graham

Reply to
Graham Brooker

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 10:33:06 +0000, Johno wrote as underneath my scribble :

Many thanks for the link!

Reply to
Charlie+