Peugeot Boxer 2.8HDi High Pressure Fuel Rail Leak

Took our 2.8 HDi Boxer based Autsleeper Pollensa into our local Peugot dealers for what should have been a quick while-u-wait intermediate checkup this morning, transpired it has a leak from the high pressure diesel rail. Apparently, since our vehicle was built in 2002, they have changed the design of this and the long and short of it is that a host of new parts will be required costing £1400+, also about 7 hours labour to fit. And guess what - the vehicle's three year warranty ran out six weeks ago and despite only about 12,000 miles on the clock, Peugeot's "Customer Relations" don't want to know as we are not the original purchasers.

My question is, has anyone else out there had this problem? I am keen to know if we have simply been unlucky or if this is a know or common manufacturing fault - particularly since they have changed the design. Any feedback from the group would be welcome to help me decide if this is worth pursuing further with Peugeot.

cheers Roger

Reply to
RB News

If you happen to live in Beds, Herts or Bucks you could contact the Stephen Rhodes Consumer Programme on BBC Three Counties Radio (08459 455 555 between

10:00am and 1pm Monday to Friday). I have heard very similar stories on there which they have had some success with in speaking with the manufacturer. They will probably be willing to help even if you ain't in Beds, Herts or Bucks.
Reply to
Keith Willcocks