peugeot boxer van 2.4deisel

hi there i recantly bought a 2.4 diesel boxer van to do out as a camper van but when i went away on the week end i had to come home early as there was smoke coming from the exahust when i de accelatated and a loud tiking noise when i reved the engine hard in every gear i have taken the roker cover off to see if the cam was worn but it wasnt i was thinking if it could be either an injector, timming is out or a highdrolic lifter please can some one help as im going away again next week thanks alot

Reply to
titchy69

IIRC, blue smoke when decelerating means the valve stem seals are worn, I assume it is blue smoke you're getting and not black ?

possibly the same reason as above

I'm sure a mechanic will be along to prove me wrong (c;

LJ

Reply to
in2minds

yes your right titchy 69 it could be a injector gone down sounds more like a cam follower to me , timing dosen't just fall out of tolerance so it won't be that can you post the chassis number then i'll know what engine it is cheers

Reply to
MARK B via CarKB.com