Peugeot fults

Hi, I own a Peugeot 306 diesel - I am wondering what faults these cars develope - I know most cars have there faults - and upto now mine has had alarm, central locking faults, just wondering what else to look out for?

Bill

Reply to
bill

My borther owns peugeot 306 and he told me that sometimes something goes wrong with the radio. Something just keeps reseting the radio and then you have to unclok it over and over. Basicaly electronics can cause some problems occasionaly but that varies from serie to serie.

Reply to
Punk

Reply to
mindwipe

I'm on my second 306, and generally very happy with it (OK, apart from the cooling fan fault...) There was nothing wrong with the first one either, until I wrapped it around a motorway crash barrier. Still, it politely crumpled around me and I was not even scratched.

- Steve

Oh, by the way Mr Jeff Mindwipe (if yer watching), my cooling fans seem to work again at the moment... I cleaned the engine compartment, especially sensor connectors, took out the ECU and stared at it a while, threatened it a bit, cleaned it's connectors, put it back, now fans work (for the time being?). Still puzzled. Pug parts diagrams claim I have a "temperature box" somewhere but I never found one!

Reply to
Steve B

Maybe it's the same as if you did have a Bitron unit. Sometimes disconnecting and reconnecting the unit would get the fans working. Doing the same to the ECU might have done the trick.

Reply to
Nigel