Peugeot K reg. 205gr hatchback

I have a Peugeot K reg. 205gr hatchback and the seats are breaking away from the floor panel at the front. I will have to get a piece of metal welded to the floor and then bolt the seat back on. I am wondering, can I buy the shaped piece (Like an arch) from a dealer and weld it on instead? I can get someone to weld it but is it a difficult job taking out the carpets? I don't know where to start? I'm a pensioner and can't afford to put my car into a garage.

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Scottie