What should i buy, peugeut or citroene?

snipped-for-privacy@bankarea.com

Reply to
kristine dann

Another one wishing to be committed.

Reply to
Johny H

Hi,

Depends on your needs. Both of them can meet your specs, personnally I'd take a Peugeot :-)

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

"kristine dann" schreef in bericht news:8c24d$42ce9551$d99c5301$ snipped-for-privacy@allthenewsgroups.com...

Never heard of... I suppose they are both new brands?

Reply to
Linea Recta

kristine dann a exposé le 08/07/2005 :

Japanese

Reply to
Martin

Don't know: but the second one sounds like a lemon.

Reply to
Sooty

First learn how to spell than stick to your bicycle...........

"kristine dann" schreef in bericht news:8c24d$42ce9551$d99c5301$ snipped-for-privacy@allthenewsgroups.com...

Reply to
Aat van den Bos

A right lemon if you ask me - that is why, having owned both, I'd buy the Peugeot, although I'd prefer a Toyota!

Artie

Reply to
Arturo Ui

Save yourself some heartache, and money, buy a Ford.

Reply to
terb

I agree, after having had peugeot cars since 92 (thats 1992 by the way) Ford focus has a very good reputation for reliablity and the mondeo seems a good family car.

I liked the 405 and it was a relatively trouble free car - apart from the engine and brakes! Why is it that Bendix brakes on the Peugeot are a lot of hassle or was it just me?

Electrics in the peugeot are a joke - if you do get one, buy the lowest spec. You will not regret it. Peugeots diesel engines are excellent - even BMW agree, as they will be using for the mini.

Best buy - peugeot diesel engine in a ford.

I wish!

Reply to
sid

BMW are also to be using Peugeot Turbocharged Petrol engines in the rest of their smaller cars soon. There's a joint arrangement between the two firms.

Um, every Ford Diesel available today, comes with a Peugeot engine. Peuegot designed the TDCi lumps, with Ford's money. This includes the 200bhp 2.7 V6 TwinTurbo in the Jaguar S-Type.

Reply to
Nom

Hi,

Which is good. Damn I was sick in thinking Pug co-engineered Diesels with Ford. If they only use Ford's wallet that's damn better :-) BTW, the 2.7V6 (aka DT17) seems great, at least an engine which fits the

607.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

You've got silly answers to your questions so you either just sound like a troll, or you are one.

If you post a proper question, you'll get proper answers.

androo

Which infact didn't, pug had to stretch the 607 by some two cm to fit the lump in. the power to weight ratio defenately got better from puting in a lump like that. now i hope they make one for the 407, as i plan it to be my next vehicle

Reply to
Marc

Hi,

Ooops, I didn't know. I have to say that the term "fit" isn't true indeed, I meant it was just the engine which is good for a high-class vehicle. No one in Europe could hope selling big amounts of "presidential" cars with only a 4-cyl Diesel engine. The 200HP is just the cherry over the cake*, as the V8 400CDi from Merc's "only" has 240HP (from memory) for 4L.

  • And is over the ES24 with 210HP for 3L.

Eeeerrrrr... Wait and see, but the 2.0 16v isn't that bad with 136HP :-)

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

You?ve got to be joking, I?ve heard of just as many electrical faults with Fords as I have with Peugeots, if not more. Plus the low range ones are uncomfortable and tacky and it?s a Ford - You?re never going to turn anyones heads in one of them.

In my experiance it?s the low range models that have the problems, as with my mates 1.1 in which the electronics randomly turn off. My brother has a GLX (I think, it?s high spec anyway) and has only had to get the traction reset and tyres replaced in 3 years of moderate driving.

Get an old Peugeot (style) or citroen (comfort - in the high spec) and spend the extra money getting it cleaned up. The diesels are more economical and the petrols are more powerful.

Streltsky

Reply to
Streltsky

Hi,

Yes, I think it was a joke. Damn I haven't read something so rubbish since I left school :-)

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T