Peugeot Partner 2.0 HDI won’t run

I am the not so proud owner of a Y reg partner van with the 2.0 HDI engine. In Dec 06 the van began cutting out and giving me problems. Had the AA and an autoelectrican out to it, but neither could find the cause.

It was taken to a garage with dianostic equipment, and they found a fault on the wiring loom on the engine. Aparently it had broken and shorted the diesel heater and high pressure pump wires, blowing the fuses.

The wiring was repaired, but now they could get no response from the ECU on a diagnostics test.

The van is now at a peugeot garage, where it has been for nearly a month. They have sent the ECU away to be tested. It was found to be faulty, allegedly repaired and sent back. But the same problem is still there.

I have been told the ECU, dash and something behind the fusebox had been swapped with another hdi engine and the van started and ran ok. But with my ECU and dash back in. it wont run!

They seem convinced it is an ECU fault still, but are not making any progress. I hate to think what the bill is going to be. I had a verbal quote of £363, but would imagine there may be a 0 added to the end of that!

Anybody any ideas???? other than digging a big hole for it! :(

Reply to
Madvanman

Sounds typical. What they've fed you is probably about 99% guff. It's highly likely the vehicle has probably hardly been touched. Just get it back and resolve it yourself, the vehicle is too old to spend so much on. It could be a very simple fault but many garages will always claim the worst because they can't resolve it or can't be bothered to. Oh, and when you get it back check the seals on the ECU to see if it's actually been opened at all. Of course they could always say that it just needed reprogramming externally but that is something they should have been able to do themselves.

Alternatively, you could always sell the vehicle on ebay as is and probably get a decent price for it.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

Have spoken to the Peugoet garage, and things are not looking good. To date, i owe them £897 for time spent. But it still isnt running. They say they suspect the BSI unit in the dash for blowing the ecu as the ecu has been for repair twice with the same fault both times. How come their test equipment cant test this?

Anybody know if the BSI can cause damage to the ecu? Peugeot say if i can find second hand BSI and ECU they will fit them as they need to be recoded.

Is this twaddle? Can you just swap the two. Can any garage with test equipment change them? Or do you have to pay the £55/hr rate of peugeot

"daddyfreddy" wrote

Reply to
Madvanman