Peugeot Service

I just had the 30,000 mile service done on my 206 LXD and was charged £150 for the pleasure.

I was amazed when I was told they wanted another £55 to adjust the handbrake! (They stated that they also clean everything for that.)

When I look at what the service entails they only check items, they do not adjust anything!

They only change oil and filter and air filter as a matter of course.

I can say that this is the first service I have ever known where they do not adjust the handbrake (or anything else for that matter) as part of it.

They also said I needed bottom arm bushes (£300). I queried this re warranty, to be told since March 2003 Peugeot class this as normal wear and tear, like wiper blades or bulbs, etc.

They have clearly had a problem with bushes to change the policy like this.

Needless to say, I am taking the car elsewhere and will never buy another Peugeot.

Pete

Reply to
Pete

[...]

As I understand it, at a Peugeot main dealer you should only pay for services at 2 year or 20k mile interludes, whichever comes first. The services at 10k 30k 50k etc are free as the 206 is advertised as having 20k service gaps.

Reply to
Barry

The 20,000 service interval is for petrol cars.

Reply to
Shrek

Wrong answer!

Petrol model 206 have 20,000 mile service intervals.

1.9D have 10k, and 2.0 HDI have 12.5k service intervals.

You pay for them all

Ben

Reply to
Ben Cowell

Actually for the HDI theres a free intermediate 6000 inbetween service at main dealers.

Reply to
Ady

So, the intermediate services at 6,000 on the HDIs, and every 10,000 on the petrol's, are they free as an earlier poster said (after all the 206 is advertised with 20,000 mile service intervals, etc.) or do you have to pay for the intermediate services?

Adam

Reply to
Adam Greatrix

Not sure for petrol,check your warranty record it says whether it's free or not.

Reply to
Ady

Where do you get this info from, as I'm not certain it is correct!!

There is a free Service @ 6,000 miles, but this is a one-off thing & is not repeated at 18,000, 30,000, etc.

Although, I'm certain that the Pug Dealer might do you a free Oil-Check, if they felt generous!!

Regards, John

Reply to
John J. Burness

Hi, Quote from page 6 of my warranty and service booklet.

"It is for this reason,And for your complete peace of mind,That your peugeot dealer will carry out a levels check and topup midway between each routine service,at the time or distance intervals specified.This will be undertaken free of charge,Provided that the maintenance of your vehicle has been carried out withing the peugeot network,At the same time,Your peugeot dealer will offer your a safety check,For a nominal fee.If this option is taken up,A full report will be provided on the condition of key safety items such as tyres,brake pads and lighting."

Reply to
Ady

Reply to
Mindwipe

Yeah, welcome to the bollocks service that is Pug.

I had a 106 for 18 months, I had it back to two different dealers 23 times in that 18 months. Not the same fault either...

Andy

Reply to
ZS

It's a shame that you won't buy another Peugeot, as I genuinely think they're fantastic cars.

Case in point, I have a Peugeot 106 XN. Have had my local mechanic service it since I've had it (all my family's cars go through him) and the cost of service is normally well under £100 (depending on what is done).

This was the worst service yet: £155 including labour to replace some brake pads and a part of my exhaust that was clearly bodged by another (convenient) garage I visited.

My usual mechanic was once away, so I took the car to Peugeot and they come back with a service cost of about £160 (like you, just checks, not changes) and a list of 'problems' that they strongly suggested I followed up 'whilst they were in there' (i.e., had the bonnet open). Needless to say, I declined their kind, kind offer (note sarcasm) and asked my mechanic to advise - he (unsurprisingly) says they're trying to fleece me.

I've had my 106 for about 5 years now. It has been an absolutely STUNNING car. It's fun to drive, it's cheap* and it is really reliable.

I'm disgusted that poor service reflects so badly on the Peugeot marque. They really need to sort the problem of disillusioned motorists who have visited their dealerships as I have seen many people vow never to buy Peugeot again due to their shit aftersales.

(* if it isn't serviced at Peugeot)

MS

Reply to
Marcus Sheen [UK]

Reply to
The Question Asker

Almost certainly

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Same here - a 405 tho :)

Wonderful car, serviced by my local independant, Peugeot dealerships are 2nd only to Alfa in SHITE ness.

Reply to
Dan405

£155 for a service, brake pads and a new section of exhaust sounds like a fair price to me.....there are rip off garages and dodgy technicians about, but at the end of the day we dont work for nothing. do it yourself if you can do it any cheaper........you got something for your money, brakes and exhaust and a service, the rip off merchants are those who charge you for doing nothing but checks and paperwork.
Reply to
steve

Yes, the method is in the manual (or at least it was in the 106 manual). It involves holding the button and turning the ignition key a certain number of times. It's simple to do.

Andy

Reply to
ZS

Push and hold the trip reset button whilst turning on the igniton, keep holding it whilst it counts down, then its reset.

I've had various dealers forget to do this after a proper Peugeot service, and it is a useful reminder.

Neil...

Reply to
Neil Farnham-Smith

Yeah, just to clarify (poorly worded as my post was), that me saying £155 was the worst service really is complimenting the price - as you say, £155 for my most expensive service yet is pretty neato.

Exactly, and they're Peugeot main dealers.

MS

Reply to
Marcus Sheen [UK]