Peugeot Turbo

I know some cars around my area that can have a Turbo fitted onto their engine.. I have a 306 xs Petrol and want it done Can anyone tell me where I could get it done please and if you have done anything like this then can you tell me what you experienced-problems etc..

Thanks

Reply to
Carl Collins

I beleive Ecosse do such a conversion

Don't expect it to be cheap tho...

Reply to
Dan405

Hello,

Must be expensive. I'd be interrested in knowing the price of such a work, just for fun.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Forget that rubbish and get this bad boy shoehorned into your 306 :) (to the OP)

Or for you 205 owners how about

For a new Turbo engine fitted, 2.0 8v with about 220bhp (tuned) from the 306 they want £3,500 or summet mental...

Reply to
Dan405

Your best bet would be to get a 406SRI engine and transplant it into your current car. This is the safest way to get a turbo engine in your car. I have looked at this and there is WAY too much to do if you just wanna bolt on a turbo. I have a 1.6 and wanna either put a

2L turbo out of a 406SRI or a 3L V6 out of a 406 coupe in my 306. Aparently both these engines fit straight in. For sheer fun I would LOVE to put a V6 in just to see the faces on boy racers as you pull away with between 194 and 210 bhp. I think "SHIFT" would be redefined!

3 main problems

1 - Insurance 2 - You gotta put a new loom in for the engine (involved) 3 - You gotta find the engine

3 main advantages

1 - My god it would shift 2 - Your car will purr along at 80mph 3 - lift the bonnet and instantly melt!

scott

Reply to
scott

How much would I expect to pay for the 3litre V6 engine then because that makes me weak at the knees just thinking about it...

Reply to
Carl Collins

Hello,

Well, quite expensive, but how many £ costs a brand new engine at Peugeot's ? Almost the same I'd say.

Now we could discuss about the handling and how easy drives a 220HP FWD, moreover a 220HP 306. Needs a pilot licence :-)

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

The 3litre V6 engine interests me but my insurance would cost a couple of grand itself

Reply to
Carl Collins

Bad idea, cos of the weight distro. Unless your twin turboing it for pure power, 350+++++

experienced-problems

Reply to
Cheater2k