Peugeots 307 catching fire while parked?

I remember it was on Watchdog (BBC TV) some time ago and an expert said that he would not even park beside one, let alone sit in it.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

This appeared in a credible Greek newspaper on July 15th. I am attempting a crude translation below.

"Seven Peugeot 307 automobiles caught fire while parked, announced Peugeot Denmark yesterday, warning owners not to leave childrean or pets in their parked vehicles for long periods of time. The cause of these incidents has not been clarified yet. The specific cars were two years old. Two more incidents of Peugeot 307 catching fire while parked were recorded in Sweden Last February."

Does anyone know more about this?

Nikolas

Reply to
intell1

Hi,

Yup, but IIRC (I haven't got the sat or cable TV, I've heard of it here) it was starter-motor related (cause of the very first recall of the 307).

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Blimey, That would solve a few problems if that happened ;)

Reply to
Nick (UK)

intell1 wrote in news:d9dpov$bs8$ snipped-for-privacy@nic.grnet.gr:

Putting themselves out of our misery?

Reply to
southpawArcher

According to what i've read it was the power steering pump wiring shorting out due to corrosion from the salt spray in winter in those countries. I'm going to have a good look at mine over this weekend but it should be ok as my car is a 51 plate.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dugan