Peugoet 306 Battery Terminals

Hi, I'm really hoping that someone knows what I'm talking about...

I've had to replace the battery on my 1999 306 XSI. The factory connector, on the end of the positive lead, is a large circular connector, about an inch in diameter. On top of the battery's terminal, is some kind of adaptor, which is threaded at the top, and is tapered at the bottom. The circular connector fits over the top of this terminal fitment, and is screwed down on top of the tapered part.

Right... so the new battery doesn't have this adaptor on the terminal... and it can't be removed from the old battery - it just destroys itself. Where on earth can i get a new adaptor? I don't especially want to cut the wires and fit new clamps!

Help and advice appreciated!

Reply to
Billy

I've just done the same on my 406. I just used a pipe grips and gently prised the adaptor off.

Reply to
malc

Likewise on my wife's 306. It came off with gentle persuasion and went on to the new one with rather more.

Reply to
Keith W

However if it will not come off in one piece you can get a new one from your friendly pug dealer for a few quid.

Reply to
Nigel

When I faced this problem with my 406 I simply sliced through and cleaned up the ends of the cables and was able to get standard battery clamps with provision to securely, and permanently, clamp in the cables. This made the later battery replacements easy.

Reply to
Ken

I used to do the ame thing with those old cap connectors they used in the

50's and early 60's. The ones that were held by a philips screw down into the centre of the terminal. If you didn't change them, they were always needing cleaning and a good dose of vaseline.
Reply to
Keith W