Peugot 206 Electric Sunroof Problem

Hi,

I have a 206 and the standard factory sunroof has developed has developed some nasty symptoms.

It is the exterior roof electric type , it closes fully and then there is a rapid buzzing sound coming form the around the motor or clutch mechanism.It sounds as though a cog or pin on the clutch or motor has broken and is causing something to spin uncontrollably inside.The motor will continue to run even with the roof shut and buzzes until the button is released.

When opening it then takes several attempts to open the roof.In the first instance it does not open.When tried again it may open 3 to 4 inches and eventually will open all the way back.

Peugot have not been particularly helpful quoting me to replace the motor or whole frame etc. which will cost in excess of £350.

Does anyone have any tips for dismantling or diagram of the roof workings please.

Many thanks for taking the time to read and respond where you are able.

Thanks,

Tony

Reply to
Anthony