PING G.T. shell V power diesel france

my 406 seems to have a major preference for V power diesel Does Shell sell it in france?

within two weeks i'm doing an overnight trip to Tignes( yes skiing, decadence etc :-), i would be nice to have the extra v power bite doing over 200Km/h

Reply to
Marc

Hi Marc,

That's not amazing, my good old 205 also seems to prefer good brand diesel.

No clue. They possibly have a specific name for their fuel, certainly not V power. There are good other types of Diesel fuel here, for example Elf Diesel Evolution (which my car seems to prefer). Oh, keep in mind that both petrol & fuel are slightly overpriced here, so don't forget to refuel before entering France, for example in Germany or Luxemburg (far better savings if you go to Lux).

With all the "Sarko boxes" (from the name of the minister which decided to install automatic speedtraps - of course where it's bargain and not where it's dangerous but not crowded), I don't think you'll do it for a long time. And radar detectors are forbidden since the first day they exist (I've heard they were forbidden in Netherlands yet, true ?). Of course you can drive while drunk, there is a low low risk to be controlled (not more than before, indeed). That's the perfect example of politics cowardness : pissing off GT which used to drive at 110KPH while a grandma can still be killed for 50EUR and SOB burn your car for fun. Of course it's easier. Of course it costs less.

Oh, Tignes, not that a bad idea, but I guess I'd rather go to Insbrück - Austrian Alps are far better, that's where I use to park my Porsche between two Mercs :-)

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Hi once again,

I've been thinking there were some discount priced fuel stations yet : Esso Express or Elf City. Once upon a time, on a trip around Paris, I saw such a station (an Elf City) which was coming with prices a bit under supermarkets' fuel. Of course these are automatic stations, don't forget to bring your Visa or Eurocard with you :-) Of course, don't expect to find one in the deepest parts of France !

Regards G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

i'm planning to refuel @ the BP station capellen in luxembourg, definitely 25 cents cheaper.... and as for the rest elf evo will be on the program...

Yup having one in your care fines you with ?250,- and confiscation of the unit. for what i've seen on the main routes there are only two Sarcophagus ( the name i heard from my french neighbour :-) on my route, i.e. on the a 31 near Metz. Last time i checked there where only 60 some of the cupboards along the autoroutes, compare that to tiny little holland with over a thousand of these and i'll tell you france is heaven. then again the fines for speeding are major in france i understand.

i only once drove pissed as hell, in france, wrecking my 205, having police involved and they did not even asked if i had drunk... while the whole damn barrel was down the collar.

i've have had a never drink and drive experience since, and i'm not planning on one...

funny you say that, i plainly hate austria for the fact that there are far to many dutchies there spoiling my fun.... and, the french alpes are steeper, and as for food, well i do not share the austrians taste for sweet...

if you want to park your car between any thing priced over 100.000 you might find a spot in Megève :-) that where i parked my ?500 305 between the X5 and ML 220 and got all the attention these people only get with a ?200.000 car :-))))

Grrz

Marc

Reply to
Marc