please help, radiator leek how do you drain

please can someone help me, we are trying to fix a leek on the raiator and have bought seal'up to fix the problem but we have NO idea how to drain the radiator please Help????

Reply to
pete1811

Hi Pete

Please state which car and what year you have. However, the drain plug is usually on the left back side of the radiator. (Left when standing behind the car and looking forward.) You might also want to reconsider before adding sealant to the coolant. The sealant usually does indeed stop the leak, but it may also fill up the thin waterways in the engine, thus leading to overheating and damage. The sealant may also clog the heater matrix, which has very fine and thin pipes. My advice is to replace the radiator, but if you choose to use "seal'up" instead, you have been warned.

Ivar Petur

Reply to
Ívar Pétur Guðnason

Can't be much of a leak then ;-)

Seriously, it might help if you told us what type your car is.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

As Ron says, if it is leaking, why do you want to drain it???

Andy

"R.N. Robinson" wrote in message news:clgfd8$e5j$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...

Reply to
Nik&Andy

its a peugoet 406 2.3 turbo diesel we have added the sealent but don't know how to drain the bloody thing,, oh and it's an R reg.. this is petes wife so sorry for been crap typ women hey.. but thanks

Dawn

Reply to
pete1811

thanks for the help, sorry im petes wife and crap with cars as he is DIY,, but thanks for your comments thanks Dawn

Reply to
pete1811