Possible Radiator Leak

Hi all,

I appear to have what I believe to be a radiator leak in my 306 Turbo Diesel. I have to top up my coolant every few weeks, and there is some greeny blue gunk on the radiator.

I really don't have a clue about cars and wonder if you guys could help me not get ripped off!

  1. Is my diagnosis of a leak likely to be correct?
  2. Is radiator sealant a viable option to repair this or is that just storing up problems for later?
  3. Can a garage repair this, or does it require a replacement radiator?
  4. How much is this likely to cost?
  5. I passed my MOT last week, should this have been picked up?

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many thanks, Sean

Reply to
Sean

sean

i would suggest the gunk is your anti freeze/coolent. if it was brown it would sugges your cylinder head was going Try a a rad weld solution to start as its the cheapest option.£3-£6 go for the dry option A new rad would cost between £70 & £120 fitted £100-180. ring around for options It wouldnt be picked up on the MOT unless it was pouring out. Bo

-- wwrxb02

View this thread:

Send from

wwrxb02

Thanks, though the original post was last year, IIRC!!!

Tried some Barrs stop leak, but didn't make a difference, so got a replacement radiator. The mechanic showed me the old radiator after it was taken out, and it did just seem to be a big sheet of rust. Got a new radiator fitted for less than £200 in total, and all has been going well since!

Cheers, Sean

Reply to
Sean